Grief Counseling and Grief Therapy: A Handbook for the Mental Health Practitioner 5th EditionRegular price $39.99 Sale price $19.99
It’s a must have for all mental health professionals.
Encompassing new content on the treatment of grief, loss, and bereavement, the updated and revised fifth edition of this gold-standard grief therapy book continues to deliver the most up-to-date research and practical information for upper-level students and practitioners alike.
The fifth edition includes updates to the author’s Tasks and Mediators of Mourning, new case studies, and valuable Instructor Resources.
The text highlights recent initiatives to extend care to the bereaved and fosters the knowledge and skills required for effective intervention and even preventative treatment. Also addressed in this bereavement counseling book is the impact of social media and online resources for “cyber mourning,” changes in the DSM-5 as they influence bereavement work, alternate models of mourning, and new findings on the varied qualities of grief.
The fifth edition continues to present a well-organized, concise format that is easy to read and provides critical information for master’s level health courses in grief counseling and grief therapy as well as for new and seasoned practitioners alike.
New to the Fifth Edition:
- Refinements to the author’s TASKS of Mourning
- New considerations regarding Mediators of Mourning on social variables
- The impact of social media and online resources on “cyber mourning”
- Complicated spiritual grief after mass shootings and other catastrophes
- Changes in the DSM-5 as they influence bereavement work
- Cross-cultural and multifaceted counseling for specialized grief, including grandparent’s grief, prolonged grief disorder, and HIV-AIDS-related bereavement
- Updated information on grief and depression
- New case studies and updated references
- Includes reflection and discussion questions in each chapter
- Updated and revised information on grief counseling training
- Accompanying instructor packet with Manual, PowerPoint slides, and Test Bank