Trauma Counseling: Theories and InterventionsRegular price $69.99 Sale price $60.00
"Trauma Counseling" is a comprehensive and interdisciplinary guide that delves into the theory and treatment of survivors who have experienced various traumatic events, including interpersonal violence, hate crimes, school violence, community violence, natural disasters, and war and terrorism. Written by a renowned Fulbright scholar with extensive experience working with traumatized populations across different regions.
This book explores evidence-based trauma assessment and intervention techniques, integrating the latest insights from neuropsychology and psychopharmacology.
It places special emphasis on topics such as loss, grief, survivorship, disability, genocide, natural disasters, the impact of war on civilians and veterans, and the unique effects of trauma during early childhood, childhood, and adolescence. Additionally, the book covers ethical perspectives and self-care methods for counselors working with trauma survivors. Its content goes beyond the requirements set by The Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) standards, providing graduate counseling students, professional counselors, social workers, psychologists, psychiatric nurses, and other human service providers with extensive knowledge and confidence when working with trauma survivors.
- Explores the theory and treatment of trauma survivors of interpersonal violence, hate crimes, school violence, community violence, natural disasters, and war and terrorism
- Takes a multidisciplinary approach that incorporates insights from neuropsychology and psychopharmacology into treatment
- Provides evidence-based counseling techniques
- Explores the intersections of trauma, crisis, and disaster issues, surpassing the related requirements of CACREP standards
- Examines ethical considerations and emphasizes the importance of self-care for trauma counselors
- Highlights the relevance of clinical supervision in trauma care
- Includes topic-specific resources at the end of each chapter